Date(s) - Jun 15
8:00 am - 3:30 pm
Spotlight on Solutions is a new technology symposium geared toward workers’ compensation professionals and hosted by Louisiana Comp Blog. This intimate, daylong event aims to explore and solve a variety of emergent challenges facing our industry through the lens of technological advancement and investment.
Join us at the Windsor Court in New Orleans and be a part of the solution!
Breakfast and registration | 8-9 | Gallery A
Session 1 | 9-10 | Gallery BC
- Topic: Predictive analytics
- Speaker: Dr. Fraser Gaspar (Reed Group)
- Synopsis: Dr. Gaspar will describe the steps used to build Reed Group’s predictive model through the use of millions of leave records and combining demographic information with detailed medical information including diagnoses, procedures, and pharmaceuticals prescribed during an injured worker’s leave. Future users will be able to access Reed Group’s new predictive model (scheduled to be deployed in the summer of 2018) either through the company website or an application programming interface, which provides easy integration into any claims system.
Session 2 | 10-11:30 | Gallery BC
- Topic: Software/systems panel
- Speakers: Clyde Owen and Trae Jones (Tropics), Lee Mashore (CHSI)
- Synopsis: Owen and Jones will discuss advancements in leveraging third party data to improve workers’ comp underwriting results at Tropics, while Mashore will discuss his company’s solution, CHSI Connections. Attendees are encouraged to get down to the nitty gritty with the presenters of the problems they face in choosing and using workers’ comp insurance management software.
Lunch | Gallery A
Session 3 | 1-2 | Gallery BC
- Topic: Insurtech (i.e. online insurance) investment and trends
- Speaker: Colin Fitt (Maiden Re)
- Synopsis: Fitt will discuss the disruptive nature of insurtechs to the market and new tech tools for workers’ comp in the context of his position as SVP of Corporate Development for Maiden Holdings and his work with Plug and Play, a start-up incubator that matches tech entrepreneurs with corporate partners.
Break | 2-2:30 | Gallery A
Session 4 | 2:30-3:30 | Gallery BC
- Topic: Telehealth trends and methods
- Speakers: Elizabeth Lowry (CorVel)
- Synopsis: Lowry will discuss how CorVel implemented telehealth in a variety of ways (including on worksites) to mesh with their existing nurse triage program and the successes they’ve seen. Attendees will learn how CorVel is redefining intake with telehealth and the benefits of utilizing technology to streamline care.
Valet event parking rate of $12 per vehicle. Contact the Windsor Court for group room rates (Thursday $239, Friday $325).
Windsor Court Hotel