NCCI released its Q1 Quarterly Economics Briefing. Key findings:
- Private sector employment increased by 2.6 million jobs in 2018
- Employment is forecast to grow 1.8% in 2019, slowing to 0.9% in 2020
- The unemployment rate has held at or below 4.0% since March 2018
- We expect average weekly wage growth of 3.3% in 2018, increasing to 4.3% in 2019
- Forecasted medical inflation is revised down, below 2% in 2018 and 2019 but increasing thereafter
- Treasury yields are lower since last December and remain flat across the yield curve
Access it here.