Date(s) - Nov 2 - Nov 6
National Kids’ Chance Awareness Week is designed to highlight Kids’ Chance initiatives, programs, and state organizations and raise awareness about Kids’ Chance and the program’s mission. The local chapter of Kids’ Chance is housed under the Louisiana Bar Foundation. Read more about the program here.
Suggested Activities for Firms and Companies to celebrate Kids’ Chance Awareness Week include:
- Change Collection. Encourage all employees or board members to bring in change all week. Jars with the Kids’ Chance mission on them can be placed around the office for easy access. This can even be made a competition with different departments keeping their own jars. All the change collected can then be donated to Louisiana Bar Foundation Kids’ Chance Scholarship Program.
- Dress Down Day. Have a casual office day where employees can only participate if they donate to Kids’ Chance.
- 50/50 Raffle. Hold a 50/50 raffle one day at the office with proceeds going toward Kids’ Chance.
- Pizza Lunch. Have a pizza lunch day with chips and soda. Employees can participate if they make a donation to Kids’ Chance.
- Kids’ Chance Info Session. Hold a brief info session to share the Kids’ Chance mission and initiatives with employees. Provide a prize or give-away to those who attend.
- Press. Share any Kids’ Chance press, written during the week or otherwise, on social media and with Kids’ Chance of America. Tag @KidsChanceInc!