Date(s) - Jun 27
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
The second annual Spotlight on Solutions tech symposium, presented by Louisiana Comp Blog, will be held June 27th, 2019, at the House of Blues in New Orleans.
Sponsorship details below agenda.
Breakfast and registration | 8-9 | Music Hall
Session 1 | 9-10 | Music Hall
- Topic: Wearables in Workers’ Comp Risk Management
- Speaker: Bob Dolan | Triax Technologies
- Synopsis: Bob Dolan, Sales Director for Triax Technologies, will discuss the company’s Spot-r clip for worksites, and how wearable technology is revolutionizing safety.
Session 2 | 10-11 | Music Hall
- Topic: Predictive Analytics: The Midwest Employers Casualty Method
- Speaker: Brian Billings | Midwest Employers Casualty Company
- Synopsis: Brian Billings, Vice President of Predictive Analytics at Midwest Employers Casualty, will discuss the company’s predictive analytics technology and how it works in the day-to-day operations of the company.
Session 3 | 11-12 | Music Hall
- Topic: Cybersecurity in Online Platforms
- Speaker: Arun Lakhotia | Louisiana Cybersecurity Commission
- Synopsis: Dr. Lakhotia will discuss the Commission’s work, as well as the risks of online platform usage when handling sensitive data.
Lunch | Parish Room | 12-1:30
Session 4 | 1:30-2:30 | Music Hall
- Topic: Managing IT Vendors
- Speaker: Trevor Lightbound | CHSI Technologies
- Synopsis: Insurers use IT vendors for a variety of reasons. The job of managing vendors never ends. It is an ongoing process that includes monitoring deliverables, tracking the metrics, capturing results, measuring performance and providing feedback that results in a strong ongoing relationship. The decision to change vendors, or even bring a function or process back in-house, can be costly and is not to be taken lightly. This session will provide insight and ideas to maximize your vendor partnerships and when to decide to change.
Break | 2:30-2:45
Session 5 | 2:45-4 | Music Hall
- Topic: Images Don’t Lie: 3D Medical Imaging in Workers’ Comp Claims Management
- Speakers: Jorey Chernett | Authentic4D
- Synopsis: This session will introduce attendees to the future of medical imaging – 3D. Chernett will talk about the history and process of utilizing 3D imagery in order to get a clearer, better picture of a work injury, as well as its usage in court.
We are seeking sponsorships for Spotlight on Solutions!
Sponsorships ($500) include one admission, promotion in all email communications and printed materials, company logo on PowerPoint background onstage during the symposium, and company logo on signage during meals.
House of Blues