In economic news:

Employer costs for employee compensation for private industry workers averaged $34.19 per hour worked in June 2018, according to new Bureau of Labor Statistics numbers. Wages and salaries averaged $23.78 per hour worked and accounted for 69.6 percent of these costs. Benefit costs averaged $10.41 and accounted for the remaining 30.4 percent. The information industry had the highest total compensation costs in June, $58.85 per hour worked, including $38.16 for wages and salaries and $20.69 for benefits.

Read more here.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *