Travelers recently released its annual “Injury Impact Report,” which identifies the most common causes of workplace accidents and injuries. The company analyzed more than 1.5 million workers compensation claims filed between 2010 and 2014 from a variety of business sizes and industries.
The most frequent causes of workplace injuries included:
- Material handling (32 percent of total claims)
- Slips, trips and falls (16 percent)
- Being struck by or colliding with an object (10 percent)
- Accidents involving tools (7 percent)
- Traumas occurring over time, for example when a part of the body is injured by overuse or strain (4 percent)
Access the report via WorkCompWire here.