In neighboring news:

Four workers who died on Nov. 15 at a DuPont and Co. plant in Texas were accidentally asphyxiated by chemicals, the coroner’s office said, another finding that suggests the victims were not wearing full safety equipment. The workers were overcome by methyl mercaptan, a chemical used to give natural gas its rotten-egg smell and for making insecticides and plastics. A DuPont spokesman declined to say if the victims were caught by surprise by the chemical or sent to repair a leak in a unit that officials have described as an enclosed, five-story structure. The spokesman also declined to comment when asked if the workers were wearing personal protective equipment, including respirators. DuPont said both issues are under investigation.

Read full coverage from Insurance Journal here.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *